Sunday 6 March 2011

Here I go....

This is my first blog post ever! I started reading some fat fashion blogs a few months ago and was inspired by these wonderful, funny and dynamic women. If I can encourage and inspire one other person a tiny bit then I'll be delighted!

Anyway, that is one of the reasons for creating my own little corner of the web. There are a few others but I'll go into those another time! Firstly, a little more about me. 

I'm in my 30's, fat (size 22-26 just in case you're wondering) and relatively fit and mostly fine. I love fashion but have struggled to have the confidence to dress like the woman I want to be. It's taken me a while but I have finally realised that clothes aren't going to make me look thin NO matter what I wear, so I may as well love the clothes I'm in!

I'm also interested in fat issues and the obesity debate that rages around us all. Is being fat evil and selfish? Does it make us bad people? Or are there just a lot of people out there that are making a lot of money from the dieting industry?

As a mother I'm conscious that my body and food issues could be passed onto my daughter, just as my mother passed her insecurities onto me. Well, there's a start anyway. Wow, sounding a wee bit serious so I should mention that I have a undying love of reality tv (although I have my standards) and chick lit. Oh, and history, modern literature and other deeply high brow things. Really. Thus the name Eclectica.

Ok, that is all for now, but once I work out how to post photos etc I'm going to bore you all with some of my favourite things in fashion right now, and even some pics of me! Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment