Monday 5 March 2012

30 for 30 challenge

The challenge was created by Kendi Everyday
How to take the 30 for 30 challenge:

1. Take 30 items in your closet.
2. Make 30 outfits. 

If you'd like, give up shopping for the duration of the challenge. Then take that money you've saved and take a bath in it. Or put it in a savings account, whatever you think is the more responsible choice



Claire is an old hand in this and inspired by her I'm taking part this time. Check out her blog to find out how she is approaching this.
While my spending is not that bad on clothes, I have become aware that there are people out there that don't buy clothes every week, or indeed even every month. And we have had a very very very very large vet bill.
So, my more or less constant shopping means that while there is a constant influx of new things, I don't really take the time or energy to explore and enjoy my current clothes. It also means if I'm unsure about how to put an outfit together with what I already have, I bypass the problem by buying something new. This challenge is an attempt to get me over this by giving me no excuses.
That said, I have just ordered some new tops from Asos, and have some things coming from H&M. In my defence, I do tend to return LOTS of things I order - except from H&M.
Anyway, this is what I'm going to wear over the next 30 days....
Asos jersey?
Asos coral top?
Blue new look jeans
spotty Next top
Denim skirt
black evans boots
Nautical jersey
Black ballet flats
Navy trousers
White short sleeve shirt
Black evans dress
Beth ditto jeans
Green cardigan
Brown shirt
Black cardigan
Teal shirt
Snake skin skirt
Denim jacket
Brown boots
Joules dress
Other dress - hm?
Black bat wing top
wide leg trousers
Black mini skirt
Zig zag dress
Tweed jacket
Hm satin top?
Pink cardigan
Blue asos dress
black OSP shirt?
Beige Simply Be trousers

Anything in the list with a ? by it is on its way and may therefore not fit and may have to be returned. If so, I pledge to either use something similar from my existing wardrobe, or delete the item all together - no going off looking for something else until the end of the challenge. *gulp*

Also, small admission: the list doesn't include things like tights, leggings or other basics. It also excludes Dog Walking Clothes (eg old jeans and sweat shirt) as these are not actual clothes I wear 'out' eg to work or coffee etc.

It starts today, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment