Thanks to Hanna I am going to bore you with details about me that you really probably don't want to know...
These are the rules
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.Now, I'm probably going to break rule 5 because I don't want to 'push' people into this. But if you do want to answer and keep the chain going let me know you have done so :)
1. I'm scared of zombies and also dead people. Really scared they are going to come alive (see fear of zombies).
2. I have never been on a rollercoaster. Don't really have them in New Zealand.
3. I have two sisters called Karen. Half sisters, but still.
4. I didn't start speaking until I was over 4 years old and this lead to me have a speech 'defect' for years - although people just thought I had an accent. They still do, but as it's a kiwi accent I'll let them away with it.
5. If you read out numbers or spell something out to me, I won't be able to write it down unless you go r e a l l y s l o w l y . . . . . think it's related to why ever I didn't speak until really late.
6. My darling partner doesn't know how many people I have horizontal line-danced with, and I'll never tell him.
7. I'm not sure if they are many principles or abstract things I would lay down my life to protect, but I would die to save my daughter in a heart beat. Husband, he can look after himself ;)
8. When I was about 7 or 8 a teenager tried to abduct me, but I ran away into a shop.
9. I'm very happy to spend time on my own, in fact I crave it.
10. I spent quite a lot of my childhood wishing I lived in medieval England. Now I live in England I wouldn't mind going back in time, as long as I could take central heating and Minstrals with me.
11. I still sulk that they stopped making my favourite sweet ever. They were like smarties but nice. Pebbles - gone but not forgotten.
AND now my answers:
1. What is the last movie you’ve seen? What did you think of it?
It was actually French Kiss, which is my favourite movie I think. Never been great at having complete 'favourites', but there is something about the relationship between Kate and Luc that I adore.
2. What has been your fave holiday?
This is a tough one. Have done a fair bit of travelling around the world. Perhaps Canada?
3. Talking about holidays.. what is a place that you really want to visit?
Paris, and I'm going for my 40th OR ELSE.
4. Do you like to cook? What’s your ‘signature dish’?
Love to cook. I find it weird that some fat people don't. I mean, obviously like food, why not love cooking it too? Pavlova is my signature I suppose as apparently they are hard to make so people get impressed when you make a good one (they are easy to make really). Oh and they are completely delish ;)
5. Have you tried online dating? Any success?
Yes, and met a couple people off it. Met my husband online but not through a dating site. SIL has met people through online dating as have many of my friends.
6. Are you a phone person? Talking on the phone I mean.
Yeah, but who has the time these days? And I find trying to organise to talk to people in New Zealand difficult due to the time difference of either 11,12 or 13 hours.
7. If you could only shop clothes from one store for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
Oh dear god. If I was thinner and could fit into all their stuff, maybe Gap. As I'm not... Asos. Good range, fab shoes, jewellery and bags.
8. Do you have many best friends or just one?
Probably really just one long term, don't have to speak to that often but still friends, best friend.
9. Do you feel that you’re in your right career (or going towards one if you’re still studying)?
Dunno. Enjoy what I do, but would like to help women more directly through training and self development.
10. Are you a creative person? How does this come across? (Painting, photography, music.. whatever.)
Um, sort of. I like being creative but not in a particularly directed way.
11. Where is your happy place? Please describe it.
Woods. Nice big woods, with a path, and preferably a river through it. My huskies and me.
So, some random questions for anyone who would like to answer them:
1. DO you like speaking in public?
2. What is your favourite memory?
3. Do you like animals?
4. If you could go back in time, where and when would you go?
5. If you could give one piece of advice to you as a 12 year old, what would it be?
6. 'You can never be too rich, or too thin'. Discuss
7. Do you believe in life on other planets?
8. How far have you moved from where you grew up?
9. Do you wear makeup every day or hardly at all? Why?
10. What is the one thing you are glad your parent(s) taught you?
11. Summer or winter?